Wednesday 15 June 2016

Rheumatologist Conclusion

I had my follow up appointment with my rheumatologist Dr Andrew Harrison. Based on my list of body complaints (symptoms) and blood results:

+ ANA Speckled (always)
+ Lupus Anticoagulant (when in a flare)
+ PTT
Complement C3C Low
Complement C4 Low

he has diagnosed me with Lupus. So there you go!

He spoke about what we'll do during this pregnancy and is really calm and relaxed about all approaches so I feel very at ease in his care.

This is the short of it:

Plan A: Continue with the aspirin, seems to be working.
Plan B: If baby growth is questionable start daily heparin injections.

Follow up before birth to check blood work, stress dose of steroids during labor an option.
Start hydroxychloroquine after birth to help lupus symptoms.

I am not surprised or upset by the diagnosis, I mean obviously I've always had it so now it just means I'll receive care, rather than having 20 perplexed doctors tell me they can't find anything wrong and basically make me feel crazy.

Happy Days.

Currently CD120 / 105DPO

No comments:

Post a Comment