Tuesday 16 February 2016

Miscarriage - What Happens, Part One: Early Miscarriage

Mainly so I don't need to write my experiences over and over again (not that I really mind) or really just for convenience, since I've been asked and seen people ask so many times....

What happens when you miscarry?

What should I expect?

Well, I can only give you my experience and can touch on lightly what I've heard from others.

Uniquely I can also give you an experience of the 3 different methods offered in New Zealand for dealing physically with a missed miscarriage as well, since ... unfortunately I've tried them all!

Let's start with the smallest event physically (however by no means emotionally)...

Early Miscarriage

Early miscarriage is the first face of the bitch that is miscarriage. Some will call it a 'chemical pregnancy', meaning it was only ever seen as a chemical, the hCG pregnancy hormone that turned your pregnancy test positive or that gave a result of over 5 in a blood test, and that you never made it to the ultrasound with something to show.

To me, I class an early miscarriage as being complete before 6 weeks. As in, your little bloom of life passed away and out of your body before or on when you would of been 6 weeks pregnant.

Most people never know they had an early miscarriage, if the person isn't actively trying for a baby they may not be counting the days in their cycle or they may be in denial if their period is late.

For those that are counting though, or for those that for whatever reason take a pregnancy test between weeks 4 to 6 of being pregnant and see those fantastic double lines and then know the heartbreak of early miscarriage well this is how it goes for me:

Personally my body seems to take offence at being pregnant and even more so if it's going to be an early miscarriage. It starts by giving me toothache, headaches, sore throats and the runs (gee thanks body). My miscarriage starts anywhere from 4w3d (a period 3 days late to a novice) to 5w1d . It comes very heavily, way more than usual and in a rush. The cramps are stronger then my normal period and last longer and the bleeding lasts around 2 days longer. My drug of choice is Naprogesic - it works miracles for my pain!

In regards to my cycle post miscarriage, this early on it is unaffected and I ovulate on my usual day.




No comments:

Post a Comment